Wednesday, May 4, 2011




LE CENTRE POMPIDOU
After my culture class the five of us that did not have the photography class at 3 decided to got check out the Museum of modern art. Outside the Museum is this now famous woman. For many years this woman has sat outside of the museum and played that "thing" (none of us know whether to call it a violin or what) and people give her some money. Jason Miraz made a music video here where he plays and sing a song he wrote around the one note that this woman is able to play. You can you tube it. Any way listening and trying to talk to her for a bit we went inside. I have never really cultivated a taste for any sort of art but this was able to help a little. I must admit some of the "art" that some people think of is just incredible. Here are some pics.
These are globes that the artist placed balls of duck tape on to symbolizing something that I did not really catch. But it was cool all the same...I guess that is all that makes modern art modern...it's cool.











This is us on the back side of the Eiffel Tower. That is Paul, my roomate, and Amy. We have an awesome group from BYU and I think that we actually going to join an art study abroad group which would be pretty neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment